母親教我的 希望長著翅膀 新東方英語美文 中英雙語
Things My Mother Taught Me
母親教我的
My mother taught me to appreciate a job well done:
母親教我如何珍惜他人辛苦勞動:
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning!"
如果你們要打架,到外邊打去我剛整理好房間!
My mother taught me religion:
母親教我什么是宗教:
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
你最好祈禱那個東西能從地毯下冒出來。
My mother taught me about time travel:
母親教我什么是時間旅行:
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
你要是不改,我把你一把推到下周三!(意為:不讓過周末。)
My mother taught me logic:
母親教我什么是邏輯:
"Because I said so, that's why."
為什么?因為我就是這么說的!
My mother taught me foresight:
母親教我什么是遠見:
"Be sure you wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."
一定要穿干凈內衣,以防萬一你遇到事故。
My mother taught me about contortion:
母親教我什么是柔體雜技:
"Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!"
你能不能看看你脖子后面的泥!
My mother taught me about stamina:
母親教我什么是耐力:
"You'll sit there till all that spinach is finished."
坐在那兒,直到把所有的菠菜吃完。
My mother taught me about weather:
母親教我如何識天氣:
"It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."
好像有龍卷風席卷過你的房間。
My mother taught me how to solve physics problems:
母親教我如何解決物理學問題:
"If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you, would you listen then?"
如果我高聲叫喊,是因為我看見有一顆流星正朝你俯沖而來,那你會不會聽我的話?
My mother taught me about envy:
母親教我什么是嫉妒:
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"
這世界上有數百萬不幸的孩子,他們可沒有你這么好的父母。
本文地址:http://www.hengchuai.cn/writing/essay/9359.html