《水形物語》導演托羅 2018金球獎獲獎感言
I was hoping to wipe my nose with this.
從童年開始,我就一直相信有怪物。
Since childhood, I've been faithful to monsters.
我一直被它們拯救和救贖,因為我相信怪物是我們天賜瑕疵的守護神,并且它們承認并代表了失敗后繼續生活的可能性。
I have been saved and absolved by them because monsters, I believe, are patron saints of our blissful imperfection and they allow and embody the possibility of failing and live.
25年來,我制作了各種非常奇特的由動作、色彩、生命和陰暗構成的小故事。
For 25 years, I have handcrafted very strange little tales made of motion, color, life, and shadow.
在這眾多案例之中,有三個特例,這些奇怪的故事、這些寓言拯救了我的生活——一次是《鬼童院》,一次是《潘神的迷宮》,現在是《水形物語》,因為作為導演,這些不僅僅只是影片目錄中的一個個條目——我們跟一個特別失職的惡魔做了一個交易,用三年的生命換取IMDb上的一個條目。
And in many of these instances, in three precise instances, these strange stories, these fables, have saved my life—once with "Devil's Backbone," once with "Pan's Labyrinth," and now with "Shape of Water," because, as directors, these things are not just entries in a filmography—we have made a deal with a particularly inefficient devil that trades three years of our lives for one entry on IMDb.
這些是傳記,并且是生命。
And these things are biography, and they are life.
我還要感謝好萊塢海外記者協會,福克斯探照燈公司。
And I want to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, Fox Searchlight.
我不會站在這里——把音樂調小,伙計,一秒鐘。
And I wouldn't be here—lower the music, guys, one second.
這花了25年。
It's taken 25 years.
給我一分鐘。
Give me a minute.
給我一分鐘。
Give me a minute.
如果沒有我的演員和我的團隊,我不可能站在這里,我還想說一些在座的非常棒的女性的名字——莎倫、南希、奧克塔維亞、莎莉、吉米和凡妮莎,如果沒有她們我也不可能在這里。
I wouldn't be here without my cast, my crew and I want to mention a few fantastic women sitting at this table—Sharon, Nancy, Octavia, Sally, Kimmy, and Vanessa without whom I wouldn't be here.
我感謝你們。
I thank you.
我的怪物們感謝你們。
My monsters thank you.
并且朗·錢尼正在某個地方面帶笑意地看著我們。
And somewhere, Lon Chaney is smiling upon all of us.
非常感謝。
Thank you very much.
本文地址:http://www.hengchuai.cn/writing/speech/15999.html