奧巴馬每周電視講話總統呼吁國會要加快步伐 幫助中產階級
Hi, everybody.
大家好!
My top priority as President is doing everything I can to create more jobs and more opportunities for hardworking families to get ahead.
作為總統,我最重要的任務就是盡我一切努力為所有辛勤付出的工薪家庭提供更多就業機會,讓大家獲得成功。
On Friday, we learned that our economy created over 200,000 new jobs in July.
周五發布的統計數據顯示今年7月,我們創造了20多萬個就業崗位。
That's on top of about 300,000 new jobs in June.
這是繼6月我們創造30萬個就業崗位之后再創佳績。
We're now in a six-month streak with at least 200,000 new jobs each month.
而最近連續6個月里,我們平均每個月至少創造20萬個就業崗位。
That hasn't happened since 1997.
這種情況是自1997年以來所沒有出現過的。
All told, our businesses have created 9.9 million jobs over the past 53 months.
在過去的4年5個月里,我們總共創造了990萬個就業崗位。
That's the longest streak of private-sector job creation in our history.
這是私營企業創造就業的新紀錄。
Because of you-because of your hard work and determination-America has recovered faster and come farther than almost any other advanced country on Earth.
這些成果的取得正是因為大家,因為你們的辛勤付出和堅強信念,讓美國比其它發達國家更快復蘇,更快發展。
The economy is clearly getting stronger.
我們的經濟正在顯著增強。
Things are clearly getting better.
所有的事情都在明顯好轉。
And the decisions we make now can keep things moving in that direction.
我們做出的決定現在正在讓事情向著正確的方向前進。
That's what's at stake right now.
而當下十分重要的一點。
Making sure our economy works for every working American.
要確保經濟發展惠及每一個美國人。
Making sure that people who work hard can get ahead.
要確保所有辛勤付出的人能夠成功。
That's why I've been pushing for common-sense ideas like rebuilding our infrastructure in a way that supports millions of good jobs and helps our businesses compete.
因此,我一直在推動一些正常的政策立法,比如重建基礎設施,創造數百萬就業崗位并幫助企業更好競爭;
Raising the minimum wage.
提高最低工資標準;
Making it easier for working folks to pay off their student loans.
減輕工薪階層償還助學貸款的壓力;
That's why I've been pushing for fair pay and paid leave.
同工同酬和帶薪產假等等,這都是我一直在推動的事情。
These policies have two things in common.
這些政策都有兩個共同點:
All of them would help working families feel more stable and secure.
所有這些都將幫助工薪家庭獲得更多穩定性和安全感;
And all of them have been blocked or ignored by Republicans in Congress.
所有這些都被國會的共和黨人阻撓或無視掉。
That's why my administration keeps taking what actions we can on our own to help working families-because Congress is doing so little for working families.
正因如此,當局也一直在采取能夠采取的措施,幫助工薪家庭,因為國會能幫到工薪家庭的真是微乎其微。
House Republicans actually got together this week and voted to sue me for taking actions on my own.
眾議院的共和黨人這周倒是匯聚一起投票了,不過他們是要投票起訴我所采取的這些措施。
And then they left town for the month without settling a bunch of unfinished business that matters to working families across America.
接著他們就離開了國會山,開始一個多月的休假,留下一大堆沒完成的事情,這些事情卻事關全美工薪家庭的利益。
The bottom line is this-we've come a long way these past five and a half years.
我的底線是,我們過去5年半的時間里取得了長足的進步。
Our challenges are nowhere near as daunting as they were back then.
我們面臨的挑戰就如同他們的掣肘一樣無處不在。
But imagine how much farther along our economy would be-how much stronger our country would be-if Congress would do its job.
但大家想像一下,如果國會做好了這些事情,我們的經濟發展得是多塊,我們的國家將是多么強大。
I'll never stop trying to work with both parties to get things moving faster for the middle class.
我從來沒有也不會放棄與兩黨的人士合作,推動這些事情更快得到落實,幫助中產階級。
And I could use your help.
而我也需要大家的幫助。
If you see your Member of Congress around home this month, tell him or her what's on your mind.
如果你看見哪個議員回到你的家鄉,請告訴你內心的想法。
Ask them why they haven't passed bills to raise the minimum wage or help with student loans or enact fair pay for women.
問問他們為什么不通過提高最低工資標準的法案,幫組學生償還助學貸款的法案和同工同酬法案。
And when they return from vacation next month, instead of trying to pass partisan bills on party lines,
等到他們下個月他們回到這里,我們希望他們不是要通過站在黨派立場上的法案,
hopefully we can come together with the sense of common purpose that you expect.
而是我們能夠同心協力,達成共識,做好大家所期待的事情。
And in the meantime, I will never stop doing whatever I can, whenever I can, not only to make sure that our economy succeeds, but that people like you succeed.
同時,我也將永不停止,盡我一切能力,在任何可能的時機,不僅要推動經濟更好的發展,還要保證大家能夠取得成功。
Thanks, and have a great weekend.
謝謝大家,祝你們周末愉快。
音頻資料下載地址:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i33NN73
本文地址:http://www.hengchuai.cn/writing/speech/98363.html