星空中的真理
星星不是每天晚上都會出現在天空中的。當我們抬起頭,看見的不是繁星滿天,不是月朗星稀,而是一片漆黑的時候,我們會做何感想?我們還依然會記得那片曾經璀璨的星空,感激那些離我們遙遠的微弱的星光,默默感受天空的高遠與人類的渺小么?
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
仰望群星的時分,我一清二楚,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
盡管它們關懷備至,我亦有可能赴地府,
But on earth indifference is the least
可是塵世間我們絲毫不必畏懼
We have to dread from man or beast.
人類或禽獸的那份冷漠。
How should we like it were stars to burn
倘若群星燃燒著關懷我們的激情,
With a passion for us we could not return?
我們卻無法回報,我們作何感想?
If equal affection cannot be,
倘若無法產生同樣的感情,
Let the more loving one be me.
讓我成為更有愛心的人。
Admirer as I think I am
盡管我自視為群星的崇拜者,
Of stars that do not give a damn,
它們滿不在乎,
I cannot, now I see them ,say
現在我看群星,我卻難以啟齒,
I missed one terribly all day.
說我成天思念一顆星星。
Were all stars to disappear or die
倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
我應該學會仰望空蕩的天空,
And feel its total dark sublime,
同時感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,
Though this might take me a little time.
雖然這樣可能要花費一點時間。
散文 文化本文地址:http://www.hengchuai.cn/writing/essay/55530.html