什么是智慧?
What is intelligence?
什么是智慧?
Two men were digging a ditch on a very hot day. One said to the other, "Why are we down in this hole digging a ditch when our boss is standing up there in the shade of a tree?"
一個非常炎熱的夏日,兩個人正在挖溝。其中一個對另一個說:“你說為什么我們在溝里挖土,老板卻在樹蔭下站著看?”
"I don't know," responded the other. "I'll ask him."
“我不知道,”另一個人回答說:“你等我去問問他。”
So he climbed out of the hole and went to his boss. "Why are we digging in the hot sun and you're standing in the shade?"
他爬出地溝向老板走去:“為什么我們在大太陽底下挖溝,可是你卻在樹蔭下站著?”
"Intelligence," the boss said.
老板回答說:“因為智慧。”
"What do you mean, 'intelligence'?"
“什么意思?智慧?”
The boss said, "Well, I'll show you. I'll put my hand on this tree and I want you to hit it with your fist as hard as you can." The ditch digger took a mighty swing and tried to hit the boss' hand.
老板說:“這樣吧,我來告訴你。我把手放在樹上,你用拳頭打我的手,能用多大勁就用多大勁。”于是那個挖溝人掄圓胳膊向老板的手打了過去。
The boss removed his hand and the ditch digger hit the tree. The boss said, "That's intelligence!"
可是老板在最后一刻把手移開了,挖溝人的拳頭擊在了樹上。老板說:“這就是智慧。”
The ditch digger went back to his hole. His friend asked, "What did he say?"
挖溝人回到溝里。他的朋友便問:“他怎么說?”
"He said we are down here because of intelligence."
“他說我們之所以在溝里是因為智慧。”
"What's intelligence?" said the friend.
“什么智慧?”他的朋友問。
The ditch digger put his hand on his face and said, "Take your shovel and hit my hand."
這個挖溝人就把手放在自己臉上說:“拿你的鐵锨打我的臉。”
幽默 英語本文地址:http://www.hengchuai.cn/writing/humor/89150.html