知行哈哈糖英語笑話之工作篇02:繼續開我的卡車
知行哈哈糖英語笑話之工作篇
02:keep driving my truck 繼續開我的卡車
With several years of Army National Guard duty under his belt,
依仗著在陸軍國家護衛隊服役的幾年經驗,
my roommate applied for officer training.
我的室友提交了參加軍官培訓的申請。
But his lifelong dreams were dashed after he failed the eye exam.
但他的畢生夢想在體檢未通過后破滅
"That's too bad," I sympathized.
“太糟了”,我同情地說。“
"Does that mean you now have to quit the Guard entirely?"
“這是不是意味著你完全不能再在護衛隊工作了?”
"No, I get to keep my old job," he said. "Driving trucks."
“這倒不是,我還是干我的原來的工作”,他說。“開卡車”。
【多學一點】
under one's belt 有時實在的經驗
eg:With an accounting course under my belt, I can do the bookkeeping.
dash = break into piece打成碎片
dash v.潑濺
eg:He recovered consciousness when they dashed water in his face.
sympathize v.同情
sympathize with somebody 同情某人
本文地址:http://www.hengchuai.cn/writing/humor/8107.html